Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Disney Covers








Back in the early 1990s I was in a record shop in Seattle going through a pile of 78s looking for Disney cover songs.  Prior to Disneyland records in 1956, most Disney music was released by different record companies and mostly artists who did not sing the original music in the films.  As I plowed through the stacks I came across one that caught my eye.  I kept turning it over in astonishment. 2 songs from the 1947 film "Fun and Fancy Free".







The title song sung by Phil Harris and his orchestra.














On the flip side was "Say it With a Slap" sung by Louis Prima and his orchestra. This song was from the episode "Bongo, The Circus Bear".






Wow! the voices of Baloo the Bear and King Louis 20 years before they did "Jungle Book"!!  I had never heard this before.  I have since loved finding these kind of treasure covers on 78 rpm.  You can hear these and others by clicking on the "78 Jukebox" on my website.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Whet your whistle!

Just purchased this Buena Vista promo 45.  It appears to be a song written by the Sherman Brothers that was not used in Disney's 1961 fi...